The Old Schoolhouse now appears to be a private house. Presumably at one time it was a school for Catholic children. What was once a small childrens playground now appears to be a private garden.
St Gregory's Roman Catholic Chapel once stood at the end of Chapel Street. It has been replaced by a larger building on Wellington Road, but the old Catholic burial ground remains here.
TUIS ENIM FIDELIBUS, DOMINE
VITA MUTATUR, NON TOLLITUR...
WAS GIVEN BY
GEORGE CAWLEY SWINDELLS Esq.
IN MEMORY OF HIS SON
Lt. Col. GEOFFREY HILLIER SWINDELLS S.S.
AND THE OTHER CATHOLIC SOLDIERS WHO GAVE
THEIR LIVES IN THE TERRIBLE WAR 1914 - 1918.
|William MITCHESON||Hugh HART|
|Arthur CLAYTON||Joseph INGLEY|
|Leo CLAYTON||Leo MATTIMORE|
|Wilfred DANIELS||Ronald GLEAVE|
|Robert GAY||John J NOLAN|